Monday, September 28, 2009

"Changing Heart.." ticket

It was a miracle, the very moment, I purchased five tickets for His Holiness the Dalai Lama's teaching in Washington D.C on Oct 10 for my families and relatives, then I logged in the web again out of curiosity, and then no more tickets are available. an SOLD OUT sign appears. It was in a matter of few seconds.  Our family and relatives, including my 7 month baby daughter are very lucky to get the very precious  tickets. We are have been waiting so patiently for this opportunity. It was my first time to buy her a ticket and I succeeded and it was an immense feeling of joy and satisfaction.  It is very rare to hear and be blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama with His full presence. Another wonderful thing about this is, it will be  my baby Kunsal's first glimpse of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Today, my computer at home lost internet connection, very unusually. So I run to the nearest public library and waited 15 minutes before it opens at 10:00am. I immediately logged into the library computer http://www.dalailamadc09.com/ . As I got wind of from someone that though the public announcement for the ticket sell was at 12:00noon, the actual sell can even be earlier. Frantically, I browsed the website, and there came up a model of seat arrangement, where you can click seat availability in all prices. No matter, where I can click, it states "No seats available". So finally, at a obstruct views, I got the opportunity, and I immediately bought five tickets.  I feel like there are others trying to buy the tickets, so indeed it was a race against time or competition on the web. I feel I won it. Or Maybe something works in a strange way that those who are very sincere, loyal and passionate, do get to see His His the Dalai Lama. All those initial obstacles of getting the tickets, seemingly to be a test of our patience, and persistence.

No comments: