Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gigantic Accumulations

As I awoke from my slumber, and strained my ears to the outside activities, the lives outside has stopped to screnching halt. The dawn has a sense of serenity to it, until I saw the piling up of snows and it is still falling. It is not like the usual day, when you could be hearing cars passing by and the loud yell of some bystanders or the morning walker. It is Saturday, and it is snowing day. it is a day that I had to reckon with numerous problems.

It is chilly outside, the previous night prediction of heavy snowfall has passed their test of forecast accuracy.The jobs and reputations of weather casters have been salvaged. My sister was undaunted with the inches of snow accumulation, and she was determined to set off for her work, and busied around the kitchen and alerted me with her loud cough, that is her alarm clock for me. I clothed myself with my winter wears, a warm overcoat with a furry hood, that provides a perfect shelter to my head. I slipped into my hiking boots. and having the snow shoving spade stand ready for this morning was a wise decision.  I reached for the  shoving spade and raced outside to battle with the snow. I saw the wrath of mother nature unleashed its full fury. Many inches of fluffy snow blanked every visible things with white. When my foots ploughed into the depth of the snow, it has seared my skin  under neath and my body convulsed with a shudder. Yet with a dogged determination, I toiled hard to clear the path to my car by shoving the snows back and forth. It wasn't an easy task.  The accumulations was huge and the snow was still falling relentlessly.

Ones we unpeeled the car, and started its engineer, then we are all set to hit the road. The driveway  has the mark of snow remover's work, and it is a several inches lower than the parking lots. Yet, we are uncertain of what is in store on the highway. Despite of the previous night's forecast and other alerts of school and other closure, we presumed that business will run as usual.  It was around 7:00am in the morning and we have seen few motorists on the way, and everyone is moving at a snail's pace.

it was not a good time to drive and nor it was  safe. The snow continued to fall throughout the day, and by afternoon, when I was going to work. My car was stranded on the driveway. I left the car and walked to metro, then the Metro also suspended its service.  Having no other options, I had to come up with an alternative. And return home.
It is 10:00 PM in the night and the snow hasnt stopped. What will like tomarrow, I can say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel